Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Petruzelli responds to Kimbo

Kimbo Slice denied declining a rematch with Seth Petruzelli yesterday during a conference call to promote his TUF Heavyweights bout with Roy Nelson that airs tomorrow night on Spike. Petruzelli fired the first salvo on The Underground, calling out Slice while stating he's likely to sign with the UFC. Slice's response was blunt, brutal and to the point, saying the Silverback's Smoothie King franchise was "a sissy ice cream shop" before going as far to say he'd fight Petruzelli "bare-knuckle style."

Not one to hold back either, Petruzelli e-mailed me his side of the story:

"LOL, a 'Sissy ice cream shop.' My bad for thinking ahead of fighting and opening a franchise. Kimbo wouldn't know the first thing about opening and running a successful business. He should stick to what he knows: being a thug and hanging with icey 'class act' Mike.

"And I was told by two promoters that they talked with his manager and that he said NO, so either the promoters were lying or he is. I hope Dana will sign me back to the UFC and maybe we will see."

Slice needs an opponent for the TUF Finale in December. I'm just sayin'.

No comments: