Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bobby Murcer: 1946-2008

It was with profound sadness that I learned of the passing of Bobby Murcer, a Yankees legend and a former colleague at YES. I will not pretend I was tight with Bobby. I wasn't. But I'll tell you something, you could have met him, chatted for two minutes and never have seen him again, and he considered you a friend. All the stories you've probably heard about Bobby's warmth, caring for others and how he inspired others, you better believe it was the truth.

A couple of hours after learning of his death, I posted my own personal tribute to Bobby. I was fortunate to have spent quality time with him on some occasions, including on when I introduced him to my father. Both of us are thankful he played a part in our lives.

The good folks at The Oklahoman, Oklahoma City's daily newspaper, are running a special section dedicated to their favorite son and are including my tribute to their package.

No comments: