Thursday, July 17, 2008

Once in a lifetime

All-Star week came and went, and for the first time in my career, I was a part of it. I'm hopeful to cover many more All-Star Games in my career, but we'll never see the likes of the 2008 festivities ever again. Yankee Stadium was the party host and this is the great cathedral's final season.

For starters, I checked out the massive FanFest that began the fun on Friday. Sunday was the Futures Game, where I documented Yankees prospects Jesus Montero and Ramiro Pena, and even got my mug on camera. Monday's pregame story on Mariano Rivera served as a prelude to a most memorable performance from Josh Hamilton. And though Tuesday kept me at the Stadium longer than I would have liked, it was another piece of history created by the great Rivera.

In between, Nate McLouth and Brad Lidge took a few minutes to contribute to my two newest NYC Spotlights.

No comments: