Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Leetch, Richter forever linked

After a week of decompressing following the MLB trade deadline, I dusted off my hockey hat to react to Brian Leetch and Mike Richter's induction into the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame. There's too much to get into for everything to fit in one blog entry - I didn't even get into Richter's accomplishments playing for the U.S. Olympic and the World Cup of Hockey in 1996 - but in a vacuum, all you need remember is 1994.

That Rangers team wasn't just hockey's biggest story. For much of that spring and summer, hockey took over the city of New York. The Rangers, in ending that 54-year drought, became national and international news. There were many who stood out that season. I'll give you three names: Leetch, Richter and Mark Messier.

1 comment:

Howie Karpin said...

Excellent post on the two Rangers. I've got your link on my blog now. Finally figured out how to do it

Howie Karpin